Thursday 18 September 2014

DIY Triangle Tank




The bold contrasting graphics and geometric shapes of the spring 2013 runways inspired me to adorn a basic tank with black fabric paint. While with a steady hand and a brush for touch-ups you can achieve sharper shapes, I embraced the stamped on look. Details after the jump.


Tools and materials:
Tank or t-shirt
Fabric paint
Cardboard
Masking tape
Scissors
Ruler
 


large piece of cardboard in the shirt to keep its shape and prevent paint from seeping through. I made a triangle stamp out of a small piece of cardboard and taped a makeshift handle to it. To begin, I measured out the placement of my triangle and placed masking to create a baseline, then began stamping.
After letting the paint dry, it's ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment