Tuesday 9 September 2014

Must Have Bohemian Fragrances




For some reason, I've become a closet perfume obssessive; not even a year ago, I could walk past a perfume stand and not be drawn in by the various scents wafting at me - now, I sample a fragrance I adore and I inevitably become attached to it like the family dog.

   An exemplary occasion happened earlier this week, when I stumbled upon Miller & Harris in Covent Garden. Of course, I've walked into this shop many a time when visiting the district with family, but I was never mature enough to appreciate the craftsmanship of their fragrances. 

   The sales assistant asked me a few questions about the scents I was attracted to, then talked me through a few fragrances that she recommended, one of which really stood out for me - it was the 'Le Jasmine' eau de parfum: a cocktail of beautiful citruses, florals and woody notes. After a sample spray, I was hooked. But then she told me that it was 500 , and my heart plunged into my stomach.
  
   Being a student on a rather tight budget, I had to embarrassingly make an excuse and leave, but I couldn't stop smelling that little patch of aroma on my wrist for the entire day. I was actually so caught up in a moment of sensory stimulation, that I had half a mind to blow my entire day's shopping budget on one perfume.

   My family  couldn't understand my manic fixation when, in his words, "perfumes all smell the same, so why buy more than one?". But, to me, this fragrance was the holy grail. I'm hoping that someone will be extra nice to me during my upcoming birthday and reunite me with this more than wonderful scent, but, in the mean time, here's a list of all the rather bohemian fragrances that I'm lusting after right now.


I would love to hear from you, so just leave a comment in the box and I'll read it ASAP! For more enquiries, email me at sumiee102@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment